Hello High Vibe Humans,
As a Holistic Health Professional I will include some information here to help you discern the current threat level. Please refer to your county or city health officials for further instruction, the CDC is a great resource for information.
I, personally, listen to the World Health Organization announcements to stay up to date and informed on what other countries are doing to contain and prepare their citizens. With that said, below is a list of items and activities to do in preparation for the Virus.
These are general guidelines and should be compared to announcements from your local health officials.
- Wash hands after touching public surfaces or “high touch” areas.
- Cough into the corner of your elbow; Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when sneezing/coughing
- Stay home if you experience any symptoms similar to COVID-19
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, even if it is not the specified virus.
- Avoid non-essential travel, including extra trips to grocery and department stores
The incubation period is reported as 14 days. There are NEW studies coming out to show the incubation period for some cases to be between 17-24 days (Linton, 2020). Below is a list of items to have in the home in case of a nearby outbreak:
- 10+ Gallons of Water
- 14+ days worth of Canned/Dried Food
- 10 pounds of Rice
- Gloves & Masks for trips into public spaces
- Alcohol Wipes
- Toilet Paper
There is nothing wrong with being prepared. I hope this helps.